Wednesday 8 April 2015

Sickness, Easter and General Conference!

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to do a quick post on here as I'm conscious that I've been quiet on the blogNow  for a few weeks now. This is mainly down to having been busy with life in general, amidst varying degrees of colds, flu, chest infections and other general lurgies! Poor Mr. Peartree is now starting with the same symptoms, so I fear I may be busy playing nursemaid for the next week or so.

Sadly, I was full of a chest infection last weekend, so my Easter / General Conference experience was pretty low-key! On Saturday afternoon, our stake was showing the Women's General Conference that was originally on March 28th, then we would be at the Stake Centre in the evening when the Saturday Morning Session of General Conference was broadcast. Since I was sick, I didn't want to share my germs at the Stake Centre, so I curled up on the sofa with the laptop and watched the Women's Broadcast and Saturday Morning Session on my own. I was, quite frankly, blown away by the answers to questions I received - even questions that I hadn't asked consciously! 

On Sunday, I visited my family for an Easter dinner. Mr. Peartree isn't a member of the Church, and unfortunately, he had to work, so joined us later in the evening. It was fun to spend time with my Gran, Uncle, Dad, Step-Mum, her parents, my Step-Brother & his wife and my Half-Brother! We don't get to see each other very often, so it's always quite an event when we do get together. I'm sad that I didn't manage to take any photos of the day.

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! It has really brought home to me the importance of family. We will always be a family, no matter what, and I love them all dearly. It is my dream to start my own family soon. I truly hope that one day soon we will be blessed with the beginnings of our progeny. 

On Monday, the Primary at our ward organised an Easter Activity for the children. There was face painting, egg decorating, Easter basket-making and egg decorating, before the children took part in an egg hunt. 

How did you spend Easter / Conference weekend? What was your favourite part from General Conference?


No comments:

Post a Comment